- £690 per week
- £99 per night
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 double beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
Located in a special, historic setting, close to the mountains and sea. This beautifully converted, 17th century former stables near Pwllheli, Criccieth and Snowdonia offers the perfect blend of traditional and modern, and is surrounded by tranquil countryside. There are plenty of features including a welcoming woodburner and stable door leading to an enclosed garden, Penarth Fawr is spacious, pet-friendly and truly idyllic.
As an added bonus, the cottage also overlooks Penarth Fawr Medieval House, one of Wales' best preserved Medieval Gentry Hall Houses dating to 1460. The cottage garden area is linked to the garden of the Medieval House which can also be accessed during your stay. In addition, the cottage is an excellent base to access a wide range of popular activities and attractions nearby. From golden beaches and impressive castles to Zip World, Pwllheli Marina and Arts Centres to numerous high quality shops and restaurants, there's plenty to do and see here all year round.
Lounge and Dining area - A large open plan space with 2 extra large size luxurious sofas placed in front of a wood burning stove and 50” TV with DVD player. This former stabling area has been converted into a luxurious open space with underfloor heating and a large dining area.
Kitchen - This modern kitchen from local suppliers, Steil in Pwllheli, opens up into the dining area. It has all the modern appliances needed to make your stay a comfortable and homely experience. Appliances include a washer/dryer and dishwasher, fridge-freezer and microwave etc.
Bedroom 1 - The ground floor bedroom has two single beds and lies adjacent to the kitchen.
Downstairs bathroom - The downstairs bathroom is easily accessible and has a bath with shower above, wc and sink.
Bedroom 2 - The large bedroom on the west side of the first floor has a hand-made iron company king size bed and boutique industrial style furnishings.
Bedroom 3 - A spacious and cosy bedroom with a brass double bed and artisan furnishings.
Bedroom 4 - This double bedroom has an exterior stable steps access/exit and is comfortably furnished.
Bathroom - A modern bathroom with walk in shower, wc and sink
The garden is spacious, peaceful and enclosed. A large picnic table with 8 seats takes centre stage and a barbecue area is also nearby. The cottage garden extends into the garden of the 15th Century Medieval Hall which can also be enjoyed in privacy after 5pm.
- Welcome pack includes tea and coffee, sugar, local dairy milk and Bara Brith
- Central heating and electricity included
- Initial supply of logs included for the wood burner. Additional logs available for £5 per bag.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Hairdryer provided
- Wi-fi available
- Maximum 2 dogs allowed @ £25 per dog (non-carpeted areas on ground floor only)
- Travel cot, high chair and stair gate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- The following items are also provided:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, dishcloths and scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc
- No smoking inside the cottage please
- Plenty of private parking with extra parking available on site for boats or the like.
Fantastic stay in a lovely property. Great location for accessing all that North Wales has to offer. We'll be back!
Really nice property, lovely owners. Great location both for walks and beaches on the peninsula, and for Snowdonia. Recommend the local beach at Abererch, the big beach at Hells Mouth, The Goat pub, ZipWorld Caverns, Portmeirion, the F&WHR and a walk to the summit of Snowdon.